WHAT CATCH-UP PREMIUM?
- In June 2020 the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19).
- Mainstream schools received £80 for each pupil from Reception to Year 6.
- At Belswains Primary School, we made a Bounce Back Plan which gave every pupil (from Reception to Year 6) the opportunity to have tuition from a qualified teacher.
- This was to address the gaps formed during the COVID lockdowns.
BELSWAINS BOUNCE BACK
- Each phase of this plan focuses on a certain year group.
- Pupils are offered 7 tutoring sessions (in groups of 4).
- Pupils are grouped according to the skills and knowledge they need to work on.
- Pupil’s gaps in learning are determined by their class teacher, they then liaise with the tutor.
- These sessions will take place before or after school, so they are in addition to their class learning.
- On completion of their tutoring, each pupil receives a Bounce Back Certificate highlighting what they have learnt in these session.